Institute of Environmental and Earth Sciences, University of West Hungary
H-9400 Sopron, P.o.b. 132
MsC: 2003. Forestry, University of West Hungary, Hungary.
PhD: 2011. University of West Hungary, Faculty of Forestry, Institute of
Earth and Environmental Sciences, Hungary. Title: Modelling the
future distribution of beech at low-elevation xeric limits (in English)
- Climate change impacts on tree species distribution, functioning and life history traits: experiments and modelling.
- Studying reaction of trees (beech and oak) to climate, especially phenology and correlated traits, in common controlled environments.
- GIS-assisted interpolation of climate variables over large areas
- Adopting “mortality functions” into process-oriented predictive models
- Limits of eco-physiological (genetic) tolerance
2007-2010: COST E52 “Evaluation of Beech Genetic Resources for Sustainable Forestry”
2008-2011: “FaKlim” project (Global climate change and beech dieback in Western Hungary and Eastern Austria)
2011-2013: “MAD (Magashegy Artificial Drought) project: Vitality response of beech to experimental drought - a complex meteorological, ecophysiological and biochemical analysis”
2012- 2014: FORGER—Towards the Sustainable Management of Forest Genetic Resources in Europe